Potluck & Adult Study Series
Session 8 of “21st Century Quakerism”
November 18 @ 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
Session 8 of “21st Century Quakerism” begins at 12:30pm on Sunday, October 21st following meeting for worship at 10:30am and potluck at 11:30am.
This is a friendly, self-sustaining adult study group for newcomers and for Quakers who wish to share and go deeper into their own faith and practice. We use Rex Ambler’s The Quaker Way: a rediscovery (2013) as our primary source, but this is a not a “course” or “book study” in the traditional sense. Instead, we use group activities to inspire discussion and sharing.
Homework for Session 8 – Making decisions, Part 2
- Readings – From Chapter 3 of The Quaker WaySession 7 review
- What is essential to the practice? (72-78)
- What makes all this possible? (78-80)
- What makes it difficult? (80-81)
- Homework– During this month, pay added attention to how groups you belong to make decisions.
- What hints of Quaker decision-making arise naturally?
- How can you to introduce this approach?
- If you can, how do others react, participate, resist, etc.?